Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pray for Japan?

After the Japan disaster I have heard a lot of pretty sad things from the disaster.

Then I saw a lot of that on facebook profiles. But I didn't see a lot of this.





I mean don't get me wrong. If someone wants to pray, they are most definitely entitled to do so, but praying doesn't give them food, water, clothes or shelter; donations do.

I'm sickened when I see disaster areas flooded by missionaries who feel the need to brainwash vulnerable people. It happened in the 16th-19th centuries with the Spainish coming to America. The same continues today in Haiti and Japan (maybe not as vicious as it was then, but still ridiculous).

It's become something like: take this bible, read it and then we'll give you food or listen to these bible stories, tell us you like them and will dig you a well.


"Actually this disaster has opened many people to the Word of God in Japan. Bad things happen because we chose a path apart from God due to our sin nature brought about by free will. It is not that they are not Christian, because bad things happen to Christians. Its that bad things happen because we fled from God." - A facebook friend that will remain anonymous.

I think this goes to show how crappy this God is that Christians claim to worship. We're supposedly given this freewill to choose or deny God. The consequences are not only postmortem but are happening right now. And the consequence include, loss of one's own life, loss of loved ones, and months of suffering while trying to rebuild one's life...BS.

I hope everyone understands the need for charity and not religion. If someone wants to hear about your god, they can come to you. 

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts exactly. The whole idea of "Pray for Japan" basically equates to "Let's act like we care". It's ridiculous. Either donate and actually do something, or stop purporting do be doing something, when you have no backing.

    ReplyDelete